Wednesday, October 5, 2016

The County Clerk Needs A Proofreader

When I voted in the last election, I decided to sign up once again to run an election precinct (a position inexplicably called 'Inspector') this November.  Today, I finally got my Precinct Officer's Notice of Appointment sheet, which contained an eyebrow–raising error:

Important notice to Inspectors: To ensure your Election Day access,
please call the polling place contact person
no later than May 23.
The polls are open 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., 11/8/2016.

Thankfully, the additional info page they always include for Inspectors had the more reasonable contact–by date of October 21.  Maybe I'll luck out and the school I'm being assigned to will let me set up the polling booths & tables (but nothing sensitive like ballots, obviously) the night before the Election, so my team won't have to arrive quite as early…

No comments:

Post a Comment